One of my clients gave me this $300 waxing kit system that she never using anymore. I'v never waxed my legs, and figured why not try it especially when the kit was for free. Plus i figured for that price, it should work. My good friend Wanjiru came over and waxed eachother's legs. Let's just say good things come w/ price. I almost was tempted to put a wooden spoon in my mouth to grit, for when wanjiru was pulling off the strips. And of course wanjiru was laughin at me every i complained about it hurting or was in pain. There was nothing painless about it. I'm hoping it won't be so bad next time. Even though it was pretty painfull, it does work. Plus, i know me and wanjiru can always laugh about this.

Above: as you can tell, u can see just how awful my leg looked and how i couldn't dare go out in public w/my leg looking like that. now you can see why started to freak out. It looked like i had a nasty skin disease.

Above two pics: we made a mistake and didn't let the wax heat up enough. I had a thick thick layer of wax i couldn't remove. I couldn't even scrape it, pick, or use the wax remover off. i started freakin out, cuz i couldn't go out in public w/my leg lookin like that. After bout thirty minutes of freakin out, i finally had time to think. We had to somehow heat the wax up on my leg so we could re-strip it off. So i thought, a hairdryer!! I'll blow dry my leg, then right when it's hot again, wanjiru can strip it off. But again that brought pain too: heat from the dryer, and then the same pain from wanjiru rippin off the strips. Obviously this isn't the tradational way of waxing, but sometimes you gotta do what gotta do.
1 Comments:
I guess there is something to be said for "the good old ways". Think I'll stick to a razor.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home