Katie

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Final Four 2008

Any sports enthusiast would know that the famous Final Four game is in San Antonio this year. It's down to Kansas, Memphis, North Carolina, and UCLA. I of course was for Texas, but they were beat in the last round by Memphis. So now out of these teams i'm going for Kansas. This whole weekend, downtown the downtown area is having lots of things to do and famous people to see. On Friday, they had an All Star game that was open for free to the public. It has the best NCAA basketball seniors from around the country. Since I definitely couldn't get tickets to the final games, i thought it would be fun to go anyway. I figured parking wouldn't be easy, so just had grandma drop me off and pick me up. I had really good seat, only about 10 rows from the court. Read that all tickets were sold out, but you could buy the cheapest for around $350. But those seats were like in the nose bleed barely see the court section. I heard that during the Finals, there were seats available for the area i was in, BUT they weren't cheap AT ALL.....they were at least least $1500+ dollar seats. I love sports, but I don't know if any sport is really worth that much money. So i enjoyed my free game i went to.

Above: the famous Alamodome, used to where the San Antonio Spurs played, but they rebuilt a new building for them


Above: the Allstar Game, the players just warming up

Above: Before all All Star game, each time thats in the Final Four had an 1hr practice that was open to the public. Right when i got there North Carolina was practicing

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun for you! And what a nice grandma. And isn't it nice that they live so close to the dome?

Love you,

Mom

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you are finding lots to do. We are still planning on coming to S.A. this summer. Looking forward to it!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home