Night of Politics
So instead of staying home on a Friday night, I thought I'd go do something kinda fun, or if you call politics fun that is. In case no has been keeping up w/all the politics, but this Tues March 4 is voting day for Texas. They say whoever wins Texas and Ohio, will be the next Democratic nominee. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have been campaigning a lot here in Texas including San Antonio. They were here a few weeks ago, but didn't see them. Last night was their last nights here in San Antonio campaigning. Obama's was in a part of town I didn't know, but Hillary's was downtown. So since I knew how to get there, I figured why not go. Plus, I've been a little torn on who to vote for, so what better way to learn, than to hear the candidate in person. The news said she was coming down at 7, so I went to downtown at 5. Well, just my luck she didn't come till 9:30, didn't end up getting home till about midnight.There was a pretty big crowd, tons of police, secret service, etc there for security. They didn't let us in the area till about 7:15, then some Mexican band that i hated played for about an hour. It was type music where it was all sung in Mexican, so made it worse to listen too. But mainly it was the type of music, you maybe only wanna hear at Mexican restaurant to help w/the ambiance, but can't wait to stop listening it to when you're done eating. Then we had to listen another 1hr of political leaders and why they are supporting Hillary. But finally about 9:30, the crowd starting chanting "Hillary...Hillary !" And there she was in the flesh. She looks exactly the way she does on tv. What a technology world we live in, instead of the crowd having tons of cameras, i'd have say 90% of people whipped out camera cell phones. I tried to get close enough to shake her hand, but unfortunately i couldn't get that close. But it was still exciting. This is the first presidential election i'm actually excited about voting. So it was cool, to actually see and hear a presidential nominee in person. So enduring the awful Mexican music was worth it all.

2 Comments:
You are more politically minded than I am. First you heard the Russian leader in Ada, now Hillary.
The question is. . .have you decided who gets your vote?
Love you,
Mom
Yes, Katie, you are being a good citizen. That is a great picture you have of Hillary.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home