Katie

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Saturday touring

The weather has been so good the past few weeks. It's been in the 70s, great weather for enjoying the outdoors. I spent yesturday running getting to know my neighborhood better. Since, during the week i go class and look for jobs, i thought i'd be a tourist this past Saturday. I'm not afraid of being a tourist by meself, I did that for awhile in AZ of course before i had any friends. I didn't stay as long downtown than if i would've had friend w/me, but it was still nice just to walk downtown and enjoy the great weather. Plus, I wanted to make sure i knew how to get to downtown area by myself. I did find some stores and places i'd definitely like to go back when i have someone with me. The only bad thing about this city, every weekend a new highway is closed due to construction, so luckily i was able to find a way bypassing all the backed up traffic. I was quite proud of myself!! To the Millers: whenever you come visit me, we can do all the famous tourist things downtown. Everything from the Alamo, the Riverwalk, Mexican market, Tower of Americas (i've actually never gotten to see that, i'd like to). So all in all i had a nice and leisurely Saturday.

Above: the famous "Alamo"

Above: the Tower of the Americas


Above: the famous Riverwalk

Above: a fancy downtown hotel, can't remember the name though



Above: the Mexican market

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home