Love my new job!...at CTRC
For those who don't know, I finally got the job I'd been waiting forever to get. It offered everything need in a job, plus it's only 5mins from from apt. I figured that's very rare for a person to get a job that close to their home when you live in a city as a big as San Antonio. I currently am employed at the Cancer Therapy & Research Center at San Antonio. My official position name is Patient Coordinator for the breast clinic on the 5th floor of the Zeller building. I'm going to be in charge of scheduling CTs,MRIs,Dexa scans, Ultrasounds for the breast clinic. When CTRC was first founded it was non-profit organization, but just in December it merged with University of Texas Health Science Center which now makes the CTRC a state owned facility. The merging was due positive financial reasons for both places and because of the doctors that work for CTRC are also employed at UT. So it just made since to merge. UT is a major research university. The CTRC is one of the very few clinics in the world that specialize in treating cancers especially breast cancer. People come from all over the U.S. and world to come here. CTRC works hand in hand w/the Institute of Drug Development in doing drug cancer trials on patients who qualify to be in the trials. Many of those drug trials involve drugs that have not been released to the public. Many of the patients are involved in very important clinical studies that other clinics do not even do. Most of the people I work closely with are RNs, MAs, LVNs, and the doctors who treat all the patients. I absolutely love my boss. Everyone I work with is so very nice. I've heard the doctors are very nice and even hang out with many of the co-workers outside of the office. So I'm sure I'll get to know some of the doctors really well in time. Even though the place is a top of the line clinic, everyone there is laid back and likes to have fun. In case you want to read more about where I work just go to www.ctrc.net. I'm so excited to part of a such an important and reputable place that changes so many people's lives.

1 Comments:
Katie, we are all so thrilled just as you are--I can hear it through your writing. Looking forward to seeing you next month.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home