Katie

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer Trip: Springfield, Ohio



About a week ago, i flew to Springfield, Ohio to visit Wally and his family.It was my first time meeting them. I'll admit i was a little nervous meeting them, but they all made me feel so welcome. They were all so very nice, we had a lot of good laughs together during the whole weekend. All of us came from all parts of the country to meet there. I flew from Arizona, wally flew from Oklahoma, both the sisters and their husbands flew from Canada, and his parents came from Nigeria. Wally and I stayed in a really nice Marriott hotel. The weather was just perfect there, it was nice break from the really hot Arizona weather. Springfield is nice and quiet little town. I never realized how good it was to see nice plush green grass, i'm so used to not seeing much of it in AZ. I got finally meet Wally's parents, his two sisters and their husbands, and his brother. I felt so honored and special that i was invited to meet his family and celebrate their dad's birthday with them.


Above: besides getting to meet wally's family for the first time, i was so excited to see wally, i haven't gotten to see him since i was home for xmas

Above: me and the two sisters (Bola and Talyn)


Above: Bola, Justin (talyn's husband), talyn

Above: Bola, her husband, wally, talyn's husband, Jida (wally's older brother), talin

Above: for the party everyone brought their Nigerian outfits. Bola was so nice, and gave me
one of her Nigerian outfits for the party.the best of all i got keep it
Above: Bola had never ridden a riding lawn mower before, I thought that was funny. just had to get a pic of her doing something that most people that have grass hate doing. She seemed to enjoy it though. I know her brother didn't mind it, she ended up mowing most of the yard


Above: wally in what i called a "pimp hat"









Above: a cute photo of wally's parents






























Above photos: Wally's brother Jida, built this house in ohio. We spent most of the weekend at his place. The other photos are just some interesting photos of the city i thought were interesting

























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home