Katie

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Two weekends in Phoenix

Know i'm little late posting this blog. A few weeks ago i was up in Phoenix for the first time since i moved here.One weekend i went to the Bodyworld's exhibit, which i ended up mailing everyone back home a brochure about it. Then the next weekend, i wen to fitness conference for my personal training certification. I had a chance to listen to a well known and well respected bio-chemist and nutritionist in the fitness industry. I got to stay in a nice Clarion hotel all by myself. When wasn't at the conference i was either shopping or at the mall. Phoenix is basically like Tucson except that it's twice the population size, has freeways going through the city, and has a lots more cement everywhere. That's why Phoenix is always hotter than Tucson. Above: Everyone in Tucson told me i needed to to Ikea if went up there. It seems to be everyone's favorite storeThe store is at least the size of Loew's or bigger. I got lost inside quite a bit. It orginated in Germany from what i hear. It's a really neat store. It's fusion of a bed bath beyond, target, pier 1, and the other top interior type stores. It's got you could imagine, and the best part is that it's at very reasonable prices. Probably if lived in Phoenix i'd shop there all the time. I even bought a few things for apartment, some things i'd been looking for a long time.





Above: had an ENTIRE king size bed to myself!!











Above: this is the home of the NBA Phoenix Suns professional basketball team


Above: the Arizona State Museum, this is where the BodyWorld's exhibit was at, was't able to take picture's inside of the exhibit, so had to send all you guys back home a brochure instead. it was so neat and interesting, i'm so glad i went







Above: me and my friend Toya were at the U of A spring football game






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got back to the blog. Looks like you had fun in Phoenix. You are definitely a big-city girl. I am looking forward to seeing you in July.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home