Painful Moment of Fame !!
A week or so ago Kz and I attempted to have our moment of making history. We decided to try to eat the "world's hottest burger". On the food network tv station there's a show called Man vs. Food. The guy Adam travels the country eating the wildest and craziest challenges. Anything from 54" inch pizza challenge, hottest wings, 20 lb burrito etc. 99% of the time everything he eats is so insanely unhealthy. Believe it or not the guy actually isn't overweight considering everything he attempts to eat. Typically all of the challenges he does is always timed. If he wins he gets a prize and his a picture of the "wall of fame" at the place he is eating at. Last summer this Adam guy was in San Antonio. He ate this cinnamon roll the size of a dinner plate or bigger, tried a 54" pizza, and the hottest burger. Most people who end up eating this get sick or throw up. The tv guy who ate it even threw up after the taping of the show. Every since Kz and I saw that episode we decided to try the hottest burger challenge. We figured since we both LOVE spicy food we can do it. Well...were we ever wrong!! Went to a place called Chunky's Burger; the burger is called the 4 Horseman. Has the four hottest peppers on it. Any guesses on what they are...in case you don't know. In order from mild to spiciest: jalapeno, serrano, habanero, ghost pepper. Below is me and Kz before we ate it. We weren't looking this happy after...
So here's the rules to the challenge: 25 mins to eat it, anything to drink except milk. After you do eat it; have to sit for 5 mins with no drink or throwing up or going to the bathroom. Sounds easy enough right??? Well...my sign I should've seen that negates that theory is the food waiver you have to sign before you eat it. Here's what it says exactly: Eligibility for Challenge-Must be 18 yrs older, must not be pregnant, or ever happen to be, must not have any serious conditions that may be affected by the challenge. With those concerns being addressed: I_________, attest that I an not inebriated or otherwise not of sound mind, and i am fully able to make a sound decision about eating this 4 Horseman Burger. That being said I release Chunky's Burgers from any and all injury or damages that may, and probably will occur from the consumption, ingestion, and contact from this extremely hot burger.
Notice***A $10 clean up fee will added if you regurgitate any where other than the bucket!!..
Now would you sign a waiver if said all this before eating it??....a normal person would say no...but apparently Kz and I allowed our stupidity to take over and signed this waiver anyway.
Above: This burger is so hot; they make you wear plastic gloves while eating it. That big bucket you see in front of me is for in case you need to throw up. They want you to get it in that rather than on the floor.
Above: This one was taken a few bites before I decided to give up. Just after 2 bites my ears and throat were ON FIRE. I have never been in so much pain. My hands were trembling as I was eating it. I started sweating instantly after I took a bite. As you can tell my face isn't has happy looking as before. I was just trying to force myself to swallow it and not think about how miserable spicy it was...
Above: You are sweating so much you have to wipe your face every few seconds. I made a mistake of getting some of the pepper in my eye from the napkin. Man...my eye was on fire. Thought I was going to burn my eye off and go blind...it burned so bad. Imagine when you get shampoo in your eye but 20xs worse...
Above: Looks like such a simple and delightful burger. Don't let it deceive you. This is my first time eating beef in many many years. As everyone knows I don't eat beef. For my attempt to eat beef in so long don't think this was the way to go...
Results of the Challenge: Needless to say Kz and I didn't finish to the challenge. He was able to eat half of the burger. I had a few bites still left of my 1 half of the burger. Finally we both bowed out. We decided the stomach pain and burning feeling was more important than our pride. I already get sick when I eat really un-healthy and greasy food. A few times I went to the bathroom thinking I was going to throw up. My ears were burning so bad; my throat was on fire. Was beyond spicy just painful. We ran into a military guy who had tried the burger before us. He wasn't able to finish it either. He took just 3 bites and quit. We even saw him throwing up outside the place after he left. The restaurant is suppose to give you milk after you finish. Just our luck they ran out of milk. Water and soda didn't help w/the pain. The military guy was so nice and gave us his gallon of whole milk he brought in himself. I downed half a gallon of whole milk in less than 5 mins. My hands were shaking so much I had to have my friend pour it for me. The milk still didn't help right away. I honestly just wanted to cut my head of my body...just SOOO much pain!! Took a good 20mins or longer for all my pain to subside. Unfortunately that night, Kz and I both didn't sleep well. My stomach was sick for 2 1/2 days. Didn't have an appetite for awhile. So all in all...it was a fun experience...glad i tried it. But pretty confident to say I never want to do a challenge like that again. I jokingly told my boss I would've had to call into work if I had eaten the whole burger...I would've have sick all day if so. This was was one of my fun stupid moments...but mainly fun when I look back..despite all the pain...
Above: This burger is so hot; they make you wear plastic gloves while eating it. That big bucket you see in front of me is for in case you need to throw up. They want you to get it in that rather than on the floor.
Above: This one was taken a few bites before I decided to give up. Just after 2 bites my ears and throat were ON FIRE. I have never been in so much pain. My hands were trembling as I was eating it. I started sweating instantly after I took a bite. As you can tell my face isn't has happy looking as before. I was just trying to force myself to swallow it and not think about how miserable spicy it was...
Above: You are sweating so much you have to wipe your face every few seconds. I made a mistake of getting some of the pepper in my eye from the napkin. Man...my eye was on fire. Thought I was going to burn my eye off and go blind...it burned so bad. Imagine when you get shampoo in your eye but 20xs worse...
Above: Looks like such a simple and delightful burger. Don't let it deceive you. This is my first time eating beef in many many years. As everyone knows I don't eat beef. For my attempt to eat beef in so long don't think this was the way to go...Below: This is a guy we watched eating it after we did. He actually finished eating it and won challenge. But look at his face..he looks pretty miserable. The last few bites took him forever to eat...he was practically nibbling at it cuz it is so painful to eat. He couldn't even speak or move for awhile after he ate it.
Results of the Challenge: Needless to say Kz and I didn't finish to the challenge. He was able to eat half of the burger. I had a few bites still left of my 1 half of the burger. Finally we both bowed out. We decided the stomach pain and burning feeling was more important than our pride. I already get sick when I eat really un-healthy and greasy food. A few times I went to the bathroom thinking I was going to throw up. My ears were burning so bad; my throat was on fire. Was beyond spicy just painful. We ran into a military guy who had tried the burger before us. He wasn't able to finish it either. He took just 3 bites and quit. We even saw him throwing up outside the place after he left. The restaurant is suppose to give you milk after you finish. Just our luck they ran out of milk. Water and soda didn't help w/the pain. The military guy was so nice and gave us his gallon of whole milk he brought in himself. I downed half a gallon of whole milk in less than 5 mins. My hands were shaking so much I had to have my friend pour it for me. The milk still didn't help right away. I honestly just wanted to cut my head of my body...just SOOO much pain!! Took a good 20mins or longer for all my pain to subside. Unfortunately that night, Kz and I both didn't sleep well. My stomach was sick for 2 1/2 days. Didn't have an appetite for awhile. So all in all...it was a fun experience...glad i tried it. But pretty confident to say I never want to do a challenge like that again. I jokingly told my boss I would've had to call into work if I had eaten the whole burger...I would've have sick all day if so. This was was one of my fun stupid moments...but mainly fun when I look back..despite all the pain...
3 Comments:
Wow! I think I might stay away from that one!
Moment of fame?
Moment of pain possibly.
Moment of flame for sure.
So glad I wasn't invited. But please invite me for the 3 pound cinnamon roll. THAT I could handle.
Love you!
we saw the TV show you referred to. Oh....I can't imagine the fire and pain! I'd have to say, "No, thanks."
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home