Katie

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Famous 6th Street: Austin






Above: This was so interesting to see in person. Building in the center was built first then they built the other ones around it. There was literally no more than foot between the building walls. It reminded me of how New York is.

Above: The Capitol building

Above: We ate a nice Southern cooking fine dining resaurant. Was quite yummy. Those who know me; know I can never eat an entire meal in one sitting. I'm always known as the friend who takes a baggy dog home. Believe it or not I actually ate of this.

Week of Thanksgiving Aine and I spend the night and day in Austin. Such a fun place all year around. We went to the famous 6th Street. Nothing but bars and restaurants all lined down 6th street 4th Street. We toured around took some nice photos of the river. Ended our night at a24hour diner who was giving away free food for their opening night. Couldn't say no to free food. Sat with a nice couple who apparently were on their first meeting date; they met online. That night I discovered never drink 4 cups of coffee in one sitting. The next morning I was quite sick and a pounding headache.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mom said...

Funny thing. When I lived in Austin, I never knew all this night life existed. Perhaps because I had a 3-year old Colin keeping me up at night.

Glad you got to see it.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home