Threading of my Eyebrows...New Experience
The one thing I hate about moving to new place if having to find a new list of all new medical and salon people etc you like.Well, I finally found a lady who will be on my list of people to go to. For years, I have just been waxing or plucking eyebrows like most women. From working at my job, I often ask people recommendations for certain things. One of the really nice doctors who is few years older than I am, were talking about eyebrow waxing one day. She mentioned to me this lady she goes to do this form of eyebrow shaping called "Threading." An ancient all natural way of removing facial hair. I myself, had never heard of it. The doctor at work is of Indian descent, so she is obviously into the Indian culture more than I am. I figure no one at home has ever heard of it, so it was too interesting I had to tell you about it, and post pics of it. I didn't want to take pic of myself having done, due to it being awkward. But i did find pics and basic info about "threading" on the net. It shows exactly what I had done. Hope you find it very interesting and a fascinating quick taste of Indian culture :)
*********************************************************************************

Above: To help, you have to hold some areas of your face taught, so they can "thread the eyebrows". In case you are wondering what it feels like, it just feels like someone pinching you over and over. At first I had to get used it, but it wasn't any worse than waxing. I know it looks crazy, but all that is being used is cotton thread, i promise.


Eyebrow threading is a depilation technique which originated in India, although it is also widely practiced in the Middle East. Salons in Western nations offered the service to Middle Eastern clients for decades before European and American women became interested and the popularity of eyebrow threading skyrocketed. The hair removal technique is not just for the eyebrows: threading can be used to remove other facial and body hair as well.
The technique is sometimes listed on salon menus as khite or fatlah, which are both Arabic words for threading. Eyebrow threading involves twisting a piece of thread, usually cotton, into a double strand. This double stranded thread is used to pick up a line of hair and then remove it, creating a very clean, precise hairline. Eyebrow threading is the technique preferred by Indian movie stars, who are often distinguished by their crisp brow lines.
Eyebrow threading can be used to eliminate a unibrow, raise the arch of the eyebrow, or add shape and definition to the brow. Because it removes hair by the follicle, it is a reasonably long lasting hair removal technique as well. Repeat visits after three to four weeks are standard. The technique is also not terribly expensive because it is easy to do quickly and does not require costly chemical ingredients. For women who would like to pursue a more natural beauty regimen, eyebrow threading is a good choice, since it does not use harmful products.
Eyebrow threading is a preferred hair removal technique for a number of reasons. Unlike tweezing or plucking, eyebrow threading removes one clean line of hair all at once, making it much quicker and easier to shape the brows. Eyebrow threading also will not harm the skin like wax and some depilatory creams can.

1 Comments:
Ouch!? Sounds painful so I'll pass. But yes I have heard of it. The example I heard about was not a sterile situation however.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home