Jan.26:My B-day
My flight from Denver got delayed; so I didn't end making back home till about 12:15am. I wasn't too tired from trip. Considered I had not slept much over my trip you think I would be. Due to Mondays being a very clinic day at work I opted not to ask off that actual day, but the previous Friday instead. Well unfortunately my Monday was horrible!!!....but ended good. We were so busy at work. We saw over 80 patients that day and were running so far behind. We didn't get to eat lunch that day till 3pm. Anytime it's someone's b-day at work, we always throw them a little party. Anytime we can have a party, we are all about it. Whose ever birthday it is we always decorate their area w/balloons streamers etc. So when I walked into work the girls had decorated my area and threw me a surprise lunch and big sheet cake of my favorite cake....Strawberry Jello cake. I love the girls I work with; they're such a great group!! I kept my streamers up at my desk till end of Friday; the girls let me be birthday girl of the week. We know this lady at work whose sister make professional cakes; you just have to tell her want you want and she makes it. So finally when we were able to eat lunch, we went to the back to eat. The girls and doctors even sang me happy b-day. When one of the doctors found out what I was turning he goes..."What...she's only baby!"...I just laughed. Only one person guessed me to be older. Everybody else plus my patients all guess me to be 19-23 yrs of age. So I've just come to realization that no matter what I'll just always look younger than what I am I suppose to be. I tell myself that will only be a good thing as I'm getting older.

2 Comments:
I'm so glad you had a birthday bash at work. Sounds like some nice people to work with. Only you would ask for a jello cake for a birthday cake.
I too am glad that you have nice people to work for. Sounds as if you had a great birthday.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home