
Friday night was the "Relay for Life" walk. Another big national cancer walk that is sponsored by American Cancer Society. It took place at the UT running track which is right by my place. It's from Friday 7pm to Saturday 7am. The long hours is to signify that cancer never sleeps. There was everyone from cancer survivors and their family and friends, family and friends of those who have lost those to cancer, employees and students and doctors of UT. My friend Aoefi and I went for awhile then met up with some of my friends from work. I only ended up staying till about 10:30. All in all in was fun night!!

Above: To remember those people who have lost someone to cancer, we had lighting ceremony to signify that they are not forgotten

Above: L to R: Kirsten, Kelly, Dr.Abdel (this is one of the doctors I work for), Kathryn, Dr.Abdel's wife and kids, me, and Jessica





Above photos: Me and Aoefi had fun playing w/the Jessica's son. Her son wanted to play in the moon bounce and playground; so while Jessica was walking we had fun time being a kid w/him.
Below: Kirsten, me, Jessica

Friday night was the "Relay for Life" walk. Another big national cancer walk that is sponsored by American Cancer Society. It took place at the UT running track which is right by my place. It's from Friday 7pm to Saturday 7am. The long hours is to signify that cancer never sleeps. There was everyone from cancer survivors and their family and friends, family and friends of those who have lost those to cancer, employees and students and doctors of UT. My friend Aoefi and I went for awhile then met up with some of my friends from work. I only ended up staying till about 10:30.
1 Comments:
It's good to be a kid again sometimes. Looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home