Katie

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Susan G. Komen walk


This Saturday was the national Susan G. Komen walk. I figured since I work in helping to take care of cancer patients; what better way to help support what I do. Even though it was earlier than I would like on a Saturday, it was a lot fun and glad I did it. The race started at 8:20am in front of the Alamodome. Because this is a such a big event their an estimated 30,000+ people who attend. Every body from women, children, and men. To keep from having to fight the crazy downtown traffic, we were able to take a shuttle bus to the event. Once we got there, there many vendors giving away free food/products/coupons. Me and friend Aoife ended up doing the 5K walk. The weather was a little cloudy, but was great weather for a walk.





Above: It would've taken us shorter a time, but due to the crowd being so massive we were only to walk so fast. Once we were walking towards the finish line, people were cheering. Me and Aoife starting laughing; we felt like celebrities w/all the clapping/cheering.

Above: Aoife wanted me to take this photo. Was just too cute and funny. Apparently, even pets were allowed to help support the fight for cancer by being all decked out in pink.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mom said...

What a sea of people! I can see why you couldn't move at your own pace. That walk was a good thing to do--I'm proud of you.

4:56 AM  
Anonymous patsy said...

Yes, what a good thing to do and have fun at the same time.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home